dummy for shortqueue script encoding
We offer member and non-member pricing. You do not need to be a member to enjoy services at ZaZen.
We believe that the services and practices we offer provide significantly more benefit if done regularly.
Members at ZaZen receive 40% off all services. We believe our member prices are one of the best values you will find in the Bay Area for these services.
Additional member benefits include:
- member prices for all family members
- member price for first time guests to ZaZen
- preferential treatment in making reservations at peak hours
We will bill you every thirty days using the credit card you leave on file with us. We ask for an initial 3 month commitment. Thereafter your membership is month to month and can be cancelled or paused at any time. To pause or cancel a membership simply email us at email@example.com.
We will bill you one time for the yearly membership and you will enjoy member prices and benefits for an entire year. Yearly membership saves you $100 over the monthly rate. The yearly membership does not auto-renew by default.
What is the Embodied Mind Teacher Training?
The Vajra Yoga + Meditation Embodied Mind training is not your typical yoga teacher training, nor is it your typical mindfulness training – it is an integration of mindfulness, meditation and embodiment practices: meditation and yoga, yoga therapy and compassion practices, self reflection and self regulation, kindness braided into a variety of empowering ‘in the body’ practices.
Embodied Mind offers an integration of mind and body practices to facilitate being present, sane and clear minded, kind and socially engaged, grounded with the ability to make wise, compassionate choices for your own life, your work, the world.
During the course of the training, you will practice, examine, reflect, and have lively conversation about mindfulness of the body and mindful embodiment (yoga asana, yoga therapy, breath techniques) practices. This training creates a foundation for each individual to skillfully branch outwards — into the community and profession of their own choosing, reflecting the teachings in a personal and unique way which blossoms from direct experience and embodiment.
Opening weekend: October 29 & 30, 2016
Retreat: November 1 – 6
November 12 & 13, 19 & 20
December 3 & 4, 17 & 18
January 7 & 8, 21 & 22, 2017
February 4 & 5
Closing Retreat: February 16 – 20
$2900 (enroll by August 15 for earlybird rate: $2700!) + opening and closing retreat fees ($550-$990 depending on accommodation).
For more information on payment plans and Work-Study scholarships, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment is limited to 16 students! Save your spot with a $500 deposit. All students must have balances paid in full (or have a payment plan set up) 60 days prior to the start of the training (August 8, 2016).
* Before enrolling, all applicants must complete and submit an application (see above). For questions regarding the status of your application, please write to: jill at vajra yoga dot com
Cancellation Policy: Once a deposit or balance has been paid, cancellations must be made in writing to jill at vajra yoga dot com, however there will be no refunds up to 2 months before the training unless we can fill your space. No refunds will be made for failure to attend or failure to complete the training. No refunds once the training has begun. No transfers, unless agreed upon in writing.
Features of Embodied Mind Training
– The skills and techniques to practice and facilitate an embodied mindfulness meditation practice
– Compassion and loving kindness practices
– The skills to lead a (very) slow flowing meditation in motion class
– Yoga therapy approaches for the body combined with mindfulness techniques to be with emotional and mental states
– Foundational Buddhist philosophy and psychology
– Contemplation, self – reflection and wisdom practices
– Visualizations as a vehicle for intentional change and healing
– Pranayama – the profound art and science of breath work
– Inner and outer alignment and anatomy as co-existing and mutually supportive
– Mindfulness – seated, standing, walking and lying down, from the Vipassana and Vajrayana Tibetan tradition
– Inner alignment – the subtle body or the mirror to the mind – and how it relates to the outer body
– Anatomy and alignment – practical, accessible information for safety and ease
– Self – care and kindness: how to maintain your practice and wellness while teaching and taking care of others
– How to design mindful yoga and meditation classes and /or integrate these practices into your psychotherapy sessions, coaching sessions, or into your life.
– Continuing into the world with community and mentoring support
Requirements for Training
To be eligible for the 200 hour Yoga Alliance, Embodied Mind Teacher Training you must meet the following requirements:
– 5 years of a dedicated yoga practice, or a 200 hour teacher training or yoga therapy training from any school or tradition
– Experience with meditation and mindfulness with a strong intention to develop a regular practice
– The desire to be socially engaged – working in communities that are at risk and underserved
– Meditation retreat experience highly recommended, and will receive first selection
* Non Certificate Training Option– open to anyone with a desire to deepen your practices.
There are several Work-Study scholarships available in order to make our training accessible and open. We are dedicated to the inclusion of all races, classes, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, disabilities, cultures, ethnicities, and other social identities. For more information on Work-Study options, please write to: email@example.com