Vajra Yoga & Meditation: Embodied Mind 200 Hour Teacher Training at ZaZen
September 2015-February 2016, Register Online
11 Weekends in San Francisco
4-day closing retreat
With Jill Satterfield
The Vajra Yoga + Meditation/ Embodied Mind 200 Hour Teacher Training at ZaZen, San Francisco is a seamless blend of mindfulness and yoga asana for a sane and practical practice that will nourish and support your heart, mind and body.
Drawing from the paths of Buddhist philosophy and psychology’s approach to direct knowing, the deep inquiry that contemporary, contemplative psychology offers and the physical and energetic aspects of yoga asana, this course will deepen your understanding of integrative mind body practices and be a catalyst for your own personal development and style of teaching.
This training will offer an embodied understanding and the direct experiences of:
- Mindfulness of the body and a mindful yoga practice
- Meditation – seated, standing, walking and lying down, from the Vipassana, Theravadin and Vajrayana Tibetan traditions
- Inner and outer alignment and anatomy as co-existing and mutually supportive
- Pranayama – the art and science of breath work
- Visualizations – intentional change and healing from within
- Contemplation, self – reflection and wisdom practices
- Compassion and loving kindness practices
- Foundational Buddhist philosophy and psychology
- The skills and techniques to guide a meditation practice
- Thoughtful physical adjustments – how to maintain a students internal focus
- Teaching a class with alignment as mindfulness of the body
- Leading a flowing meditation in motion class
- Skillful ways to empower others to help themselves
- Sane self – awareness: ways to protect from projections and the guru syndrome
- Self – care and kindness: how to maintain your own practice and wellness
- Verbal Poetics – thoughtful and creative ways to guide others
- Develop a variety classes or workshops for a yoga studio, meditation center, hospital, corporation – wherever you are most drawn to share these practices
Regular Price: $2800 Tuition + Retreat Fee ($550-$900, depending on accommodation choice)
Early bird enrollment (July 1): $2700 Tuition + Retreat Fee ($550-$900, depending on accommodation choice)
Monthly Payment Plan Available.
Work Trade Available.
Enrollment limited to 16 people!
Dates: September 2015 -February 2016
11 Weekends in San Francisco
4-day closing retreat
September 26+27 (ZaZen Sf)
October 17+18, 31+ Nov. 1 (ZaZen Sf)
November 7+8, 21+22 (ZaZen Sf)
December 5+6, 12+13 (ZaZen Sf)
January 9+10, 23+24 (ZaZen Sf)
February 11-16 (Closing Retreat) Location TBD
February 20+21, (ZaZen Sf)
Requirements for the Training:
To be eligible for the 200 hour Yoga Alliance/Vajra Yoga + Meditation Teacher Training you must meet the following requirements:
- 3 years of yoga practice, from any school or tradition
- Some experience with meditation and a strong intention to develop a regular practice
Non Certificate Training – open to anyone with a desire to deepen or your practices:
The training is open to anyone with at least a year of yoga practice, no meditation experience is required – you may take the training to deepen your personal practices, integrate the work into your profession or to be part of our growing community.
Jill Satterfield is the founder of Vajra Yoga + Meditation, a synthesis of yoga and Buddhism that combines meditation, yoga and contemplative practices. Named “one of the 4 leading yoga and Buddhist teachers in the country” by Shambhala Sun Magazine, the VY+M trainings were the first to integrate Buddhism and meditation directly into asana practice in New York City in 2002. Jill has instigated mindful and creative educational programs for over 28 years.
She is also the founder and Director of the School for Compassionate Action: Meditation, Yoga and Educational Support for Communities in Need. SCA is a not for profit that trains teachers, psychologists and health care providers to integrate mind and body practices into their professions. SCA also provides classes to people in chronic pain, with illness, those suffering from PTSD, and at- risk youth. SCA is now taught and practiced across the country and in Europe.
Jill is a founding faculty member of Spirit Rock Meditation Center’s Mindfulness for Yoga Training, the Somatic Training in Marin California, and guest teaches in many others. Jill was scholar and teacher in residence at the Kripalu Center in 2004. With her teacher Ajahn Amaro, Jill was the first yoga and meditation teacher to bring yoga onto silent meditation retreats at the Spirit Rock Meditation Center in California, and the Insight Meditation Society in Massachusetts over 16 years ago. She continued to break ground on Tibetan retreats with respected teachers such as Mingyur Rinpoche. Vajra Yoga + Meditation practices serve yoga centers, hospitals, addiction centers, Buddhist monasteries and corporate headquarters.
Jill has been featured in the New York Times, More, Crains, Yoga Journal, UK’s Yoga Magazine, Happinez Magazine of Holland and Tricycle Magazine amongst others. She contributed to the book “ Freeing the Body: Freeing the Mind” by Michael Stone, and is currently composing her own book.